Future Skills WA
WAIFS is selected as a preferred panel provider for the following WA State Government’s Futures Skills WA study programs in 2017:
- *Priority Industry Training (PIT)
- *Youth at Risk
- *Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
*Eligibility and funding criteria apply.
You can study in the work-place, in a class-room or online. You can even get Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which allows you to benefit from the skills you already have. Even if they are not obtained via a formal qualification, skills learnt through work and life can be recognised by us and help to make studying easier, cheaper and faster for you!
Courses that are available under Future Skills can be found here.
- The maximum course fee chargeable to a school-aged person in 2017 is $420. This is for all courses undertaken i.e. if you study one or more courses in 2017, you can only be charged $420 in total course fees, although additional fees may apply for resources etc.
- All fees are indicative fees only.
- Fees may vary based on an individual’s circumstances and units selected.
- Eligibility criteria do apply and WAIFS does not guarantee enrolment.
- Additional fees may apply including charges for resource fees.
- Existing workers^ pay $5.79 per nominal hour of study.
^ An existing worker is defined as a person employed with the same employer continuously for more than three months full time or 12 months casual or part time, or a combination of both, immediately prior to the commencement date of the training contract.
Fees and Concession fees may vary depending on the program of funding which can be accessed by the student applicant.
Fees are for 2017 only. Fees change each year and will change in 2018. Students will be charged 2018 unit fees for all units not commenced in 2017. This may mean that an amended invoice needs to be issued.
RPL for PIT would be a great option for anyone who has:
i) Worked in an industry for some time (we would suggest 6-12 months) and has no formal recognition of learning for what they are doing.
ii) Someone who has a qualification issued previously and the qualification has been superseded – an upgrade to the new qualification can be undertaken where we map the gaps and RPL those.
The RPL fees for PIT are as follows:
Fee Per Unit
* Eligibility criteria apply.
** Please note student fees are indicative only. Student fees are charged on a per unit basis and fees may change based on individual circumstances and unit selection.
*** Where a unit is not commenced in a calendar year, additional fees will payable at the rate for the following calendar year as required by the Department of Training and Workforce Development. Unit census dates are one week from the commencement of the unit as provided on your individual timetable. Refer to our Refund Policy for further details.
APPLY NOW AND BE PART OF TOMORROW’S FUTURE!
How do I apply?
- Download the 2017 Application Form – Funding
- Email the application form to email@example.com.
- OR Call 08 6200 6200 and ask for the Marketing Manager (Heike).
- OR Contact your Case Manager at your Job Services Australia (JSA) provider or approved broker and request a referral to WAIFS for your selected course. Your broker will know what to do!
It is important to note that WAIFS cannot guarantee your entrance into any of the funded programs. Future Skills has both enrolment and funding criteria. Completion of an Application Form does not guarantee your enrolment request will be successful. WAIFS will ensure the process is explained to you fully and completed as quickly as possible. Enrolment is dependent on funding being confirmed and a student’s ability to meet the eligibility criteria.