Before you commence your studies, we would like to ensure that you have settled into Perth comfortably. Orientation will provide you with a lot of useful information which will guide you about what is required as a student at WAIFS as well as help you throughout your time in Western Australia.
All new students MUST attend this Orientation Day. Orientation typically lasts 1.5 – 2 hours and students should arrive 15 minutes early to have their photo taken and complete paperwork.
What happens at Orientation? The program includes the following:
• Creating your student ID card
• Obtaining information about your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
• Getting introduced to a range of WAIFS services and facilities
• Receiving information on WAIFS policies and procedures
• Touring the campus and associated facilities
• Learning about shopping, banking, postal and transport facilities
• Getting great tips on living and studying in Australia
• Assistance with internet access
• Making new friends before commencing your studies
• Meeting the friendly WAIFS staff
… and more!