Overseas Student Health Cover
Australia has a special health cover system for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). As part of your student visa requirements, you must have health cover for the length of your stay in Australia.
While you are studying in Perth, your OSHC will help to pay for any medical or hospital care you may require. It will also contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines and an ambulance in an emergency.
Standard OSHC does not usually cover dental, optical or physiotherapy. If you want to be covered for these benefits, you will need to pay for additional private health insurance.
WAIFS’ preferred provider is Allianz Care Australia Insurance. However, you do not have to use this provider and can arrange your own. It is your responsibility to ensure that your membership is current while you hold a student visa. See Allianz Care Australia for further information.
If you choose to purchase Allianz Care through WAIFS, you will get the following benefits:
- Over 950 bulk billing medical providers nationally
- Allianz Care Safety & Security powered by Sonder with access to a 24/7 safety and support service
- Face to Face support available
- Allianz Care Telehealth services, available 24/7
- Industry leading My OSHC Assistant App, the only OSHC app to offer full claim capability and medical term translator
- Find a Doctor online tool
- 24/7 Access to Allianz MyHealth App